Markus Eder is the first Italian new school freestyler to reach international recognition.
At first sight, Markus Eder is a typical Italian from Southern Tyrol. He was born in Bruneck and raised in Luttach in the nearby Ahrntal valley, where he still lives today. He started skiing at the age of four, was an alpine racer for many years and enjoys rock climbing in the summer. He even loves pizza and ice-cream. However, a few winters back something diverted his typically Italian path. He discovered freeskiing! Five years later Markus Eder is the first Italian new school freestyler to reach international recognition.
Markus: "Loving every aspect about Freeskiing. Being able to have fun and being progressive on prepared terrain, tricking in the backcountry or skiing bigger lines in places like Alaska is key for me. "
- Dátum narodenia
- Domáce stredisko
- climbing, skateboarding, biking, trampoline, tinkeling
Freeride World Tour Champion 2019
1st Freeride World Tour Fieberbrunn, Austria 2019
1st Freeride World Tour Habuka Japan 2019
2nd overall Freeride World Tour 2018
3rd Verbier Xtremes 2018
2nd Freeride World Tour Kicking Horse 2018
1st Freeride World Tour Courmayeur 2013,
15th Olympics Sochi 2014,
2nd Red Bull Linecatcher 2011,
1st Swatch Skiers Cup 2016/2013/2011,
- 1. Obľúbené Marker viazanie
- King Pin
- 2. Prečo?
- Having such a light piece of ingeneering under your feet for for the way up just feels nice. But what makes it stand out is the performance on the way down where you don't have to worry about wrong releasement.
- 3. Ako sa ti páči byť súčasťou Marker rodiny?
- Bindings are such an important part of safety of our gear and feeling safe while riding is one less thing to worry about
- 4. Ako dlho jazdíš za Marker?
- 10 years
- 5. Kedy si začal s lyžovaním?
- When I was 3 i did my first run down the crosscountry track behind our house.
- 6. Tvoj najvačší úspech v lyžiarskej kariére?
- The 2nd place of the Red Bull Linecatcher in 2011 was defenitely the result I'm the most stoked about. Mostly because it introduced me to backcountry skiing.
- 7. Obľúbené stredisko na lyžovanie?
- That's a tough question and I can't really answere it. There's too many good places all over the world but skiing at my home resort is always special since I know it the best and these days it's rare that I get to ski there.
- 8. Tvoj najlepší lyžiarsky výlet?
- It might have been the trip to a Touring Lodge at Rogers Pass in Canada. We flew in with the heli and stayed up there for two weeks touring in all time terrain that's surrounding the hut with a great crew and just the basic connection to the outside world
- 9. Kde by si rád niekedy určite lyžoval?
- Japan! Somehow a trip to that place never came together and every professional skier seemed to have been there. Sooner or later it will be time!
- 10. Aké vzory si mal ako dieťa v lyžiarskom športe?
- Candide, in the past and present.
- 11. Čo robíš keď nelyžuješ?
- I love to climb, bike and skate. And besides that I spend quite some time during summer tinkering on stuff in my workshop.
- 12. Ako trénuješ, aby si bol pripravený na lyžovanie?
- Obviously the gym is one of the places to keep myself in shape but I mostly try to be outside and spend my time with climbing and biking without spending too much time indoors in the gym.
- 13. Bez čoho nemôžeš žiť?
- 14. Ktoré 3 veci by sme mali o tebe vedieť?
- German speaking Italian, Candy is my doping, anti FIS.
- 15. Tvoje Motto?
- 16. Čo najhlúpejšie sa ti doteraz stalo?
- Again I'd say it was the second place at the Red Bull Linecatcher. Partecipating at this comp where I thought I'd never have a chance against the stacked field of role models.
- 17. Ktorá je tvoja preferovaná sociálna sieť?
- 18. Tvoje ciele a priania do budúcnosti?
- I don't know where my carreer is taking me in the next years but I hope that I'll still have fun on my skis when I'm in my 60's.
- 19. Ako si sa dostal k šľapaniu na lyžiach?
- I never had any interest in skitouring till probably 3 years ago when I got to test the BMT's. Then I went to my first touring trip to Canada and it totally got me by then.
- 20. Tvoje najobľúbenejšie túry?
- I rather do shorter hikes where I'm able to concentrate at a line at the time. Like the tour to the Faden Alm, my dad's hut close to my home village. It's about an hour and a half to get to the hut that's surrounded by awesome minigolf lines.