It is the quintessential American success story. A boy from a small town sets out to conquer the world. The boy in this case is Nick Goepper and the small town goes by the name Lawrenceburg, Indiana. Although Nick grew up in a rather flat, Midwestern area, he started skiing by the age of five and was captivated. By the age of 15, he went to the West Coast to try his luck as a freeskier. Soon he proved to be one of the most talented freestylers of his generation and began to make his presence felt at slopestyle competitions across the US. In the 2011/12 season Nick bagged several podiums including a silver medal at X Games. The following year he stepped up his game to win X Games Gold and in 2014 he managed to repeat this feat. At the biggest event yet in the history of the sport, the Winter Olympics 2014, Nick delivered what might have been the most technical run in freeskiing yet, however it was only good enough for the Bronze medal. Nevertheless, he became a big media star as part of the US podium sweep in men’s slopestyle, only the third for the country at Winter Olympics in history.
- Data di nascita
- United States
- Località sciistica di provenienza
- Perfect North Slopes Indiana
- Do it
- Halfpipe and Slopestyle
- Surfing, Skateboarding, my truc
Olympic Silver Medal Slopestyle PyeongChang 2018
Winner Red Bull Playstreets Bad Gastein, Austria 2019
X Games Gold Medal 2015
Olympic Bronze medal Slopestyle Sochi 2014
- 1. Attacco Marker preferito.
- Jester Pro
- 2. Perchè?
- I hate when my skis pop off.
- 3. Perchè vuoi diventare partner del team Marker?
- Marker makes badass bindings!
- 4. Per quanto tempo hai sciato con Marker?
- 8 years
- 5. A che età hai iniziato a sciare?
- 6. Il momento più alto
- Winning the Dumont Cup in Sunday River Maine at age 17
- 7. Quali sono i migliori posti dove sciare?
- Perfect North Slopes
- 8. Qual'è il tuo miglior consigli nello sci?
- I love skiing LAAX any time I get to go there. Switzerland is rad.
- 9. Destinazione dello sci dove non sei mai stato e dove vorresti
- I would love to shred an indoor place sometime. I've never done that and it looks really fun.
- 10. Ski Hero/
- Wallisch, Brown, Dumont, Hall
- 11. Cosa ti piace fare quando non stai sciando?
- Surfing or Skating!
- 12. Come ti alleni per mantenere la miglior forma nello sci?
- I like to crosstrain a lot with surf and skate, and sometimes I hit the gym in the fall before the snow starts to fall.
- 13. Di cosa non puoi far a meno
- I can't live without oxygen. That would suck
- 14. Quali sono le 3 cose che dobbiamo sapere di te?
- Im very impatient, I am very protective of my younger sisters, and I love power metal.
- 15. Il tuo motto?
- Do it
- 16. Quale è stato il momento più umiliante
- Having my family at the Olympics. That was amazing.
- 17. Qual è il tuo canale social migliore
- 18. Obbiettivi futuri, piani e ambizioni
- Olympics, X Games, Filming, maybe some backcountry jumps next year, we will see