Nadine Wallner stems from the small village of Klosterle just west of the famous Arlberg region in Western Austria, where she still lives today. Thus one could say that Nadine is a natural born freerider. In her childhood years she honed her skiing skills as an alpine racer, but her father, a local mountain guide, took her out into the backcountry early on and set the tone for the years to come. Despite being only 23 years old, Nadine already holds a full degree as an Austrian Ski Instructor. Even more surprising is her impressive list of success at freeride competitions, though. While it normally takes big mountain freeriders several years to build up enough experience and confidence to be successful, Nadine Wallner won her first freeride competition 2011 and went on to win the Freeride World Qualifier events in Nendaz and at the Kitzsteinhorn 2012. Her real motivation for the lifestyle of a professional freerider, however, is her love for nature and mountains and therefore Nadine looks forward to travel the world for film and photo shoots just as much as competing on the Freeride World Tour this season. Be sure to see the results at a screen near you very soon!
- Data di nascita
- Località sciistica di provenienza
- Stuben&Sonnenkopf am Arlberg
- Keep up the funk and have fun out there in the mountains!
- Sport-and rock climbing, slacklining, combined high-altitude tours, running, ice climbing, paragliding- enjoing the beauty of nature and mountains with friends
2013 and 2014 Freeride World Tour Womens Ski Champion
- 1. Attacco Marker preferito.
- Jester, King Pin
- 2. Perchè?
- Jester gives you a safe feeling while cometing and droping high cliffs; the King Pin is super light for touring and also a very stabel binding for all kind of skiing and conditions
- 3. Caschi e maschere Marker preferiti
- Big picture
- 4. Perchè?
- wide open view and cool style
- 5. Perchè vuoi diventare partner del team Marker?
- Because it´s a big family. They support me in all kind of ways. Cool to have them in the back, when you want to performe on a high level of skiing.
- 6. Per quanto tempo hai sciato con Marker?
- 5 years and hopefully many years more
- 7. A che età hai iniziato a sciare?
- age of 3
- 8. Il momento più alto
- Freeride World Tour champion 2013&14
- 9. Quali sono i migliori posti dove sciare?
- ..my home mountain the ARLBERG and everywhere where powder and great mountains are!
- 10. Qual'è il tuo miglior consigli nello sci?
- I visited already many places with my skies, but my home mountain is just unique.
- 11. Destinazione dello sci dove non sei mai stato e dove vorresti
- There are many places I never been and skied, but if I would have the choice I would say Himalaya.
- 12. Ski Hero/
- There are a lot of really good skiers, but the most famous names are not always the best skiers. So I would say, my dad and my brother.
- 13. Cosa ti piace fare quando non stai sciando?
- rock&ice climbing, paragliding..being out there in the mountains and have fun with friends!
- 14. Come ti alleni per mantenere la miglior forma nello sci?
- be out there in the mountains and nature almost everyday.
- 15. Di cosa non puoi far a meno
- Health,friends, mountains,skiing and having fun in life
- 16. Il tuo motto?
- Keep up the funk and have fun out there in the mountains! Nothing is impossible, fight for what you love!
- 17. Quale è stato il momento più umiliante
- My injury 2014, after a big crash in Alaska, I had an open fracture tib-fibula and it took me quite a long time to come back.
- 18. Qual è il tuo canale social migliore
- real life
- 19. Obbiettivi futuri, piani e ambizioni
- Mountain Guide Education; Attending international Freeride contests (FWT); Travel and ski some steep lines all over the world.
- 20. Come sei stato coinvolto nello sci touring?
- My dad took me out there on touring skis when I was a kid.
- 21. Quali sono i tuoi skitours preferiti?
- Skitours with challenging ascents and fun,challenging descents.
- 22. Cosa c'è nel tuo zaino quando esci in escursione?
- shovel, probe, snowpulse airbag, chocolate, tea, binoculars, down jacket,...