Markus Eder is the first Italian new school freestyler to reach international recognition.
At first sight, Markus Eder is a typical Italian from Southern Tyrol. He was born in Bruneck and raised in Luttach in the nearby Ahrntal valley, where he still lives today. He started skiing at the age of four, was an alpine racer for many years and enjoys rock climbing in the summer. He even loves pizza and ice-cream. However, a few winters back something diverted his typically Italian path. He discovered freeskiing! Five years later Markus Eder is the first Italian new school freestyler to reach international recognition becoming the Freeride World Tour Champion in 2019.
Markus: "Loving every aspect about Freeskiing. Being able to have fun and being progressive on prepared terrain, tricking in the backcountry or skiing bigger lines in places like Alaska is key for me. "
- Data di nascita
- Località sciistica di provenienza
- climbing, skateboarding, biking, trampoline, tinkeling
Freeride World Tour Champion 2019
1st Freeride World Tour Fieberbrunn, Austria 2019
1st Freeride World Tour Habuka Japan 2019
2nd overall Freeride World Tour 2018
3rd Verbier Xtremes 2018
2nd Freeride World Tour Kicking Horse 2018
1st Freeride World Tour Courmayeur 2013,
15th Olympics Sochi 2014,
2nd Red Bull Linecatcher 2011,
1st Swatch Skiers Cup 2016/2013/2011,
- 1. Attacco Marker preferito.
- King Pin
- 2. Perchè?
- Having such a light piece of ingeneering under your feet for for the way up just feels nice. But what makes it stand out is the performance on the way down where you don't have to worry about wrong releasement.
- 3. Perchè vuoi diventare partner del team Marker?
- Bindings are such an important part of safety of our gear and feeling safe while riding is one less thing to worry about
- 4. Per quanto tempo hai sciato con Marker?
- 10 years
- 5. A che età hai iniziato a sciare?
- When I was 3 i did my first run down the crosscountry track behind our house.
- 6. Il momento più alto
- The 2nd place of the Red Bull Linecatcher in 2011 was defenitely the result I'm the most stoked about. Mostly because it introduced me to backcountry skiing.
- 7. Quali sono i migliori posti dove sciare?
- That's a tough question and I can't really answere it. There's too many good places all over the world but skiing at my home resort is always special since I know it the best and these days it's rare that I get to ski there.
- 8. Qual'è il tuo miglior consigli nello sci?
- It might have been the trip to a Touring Lodge at Rogers Pass in Canada. We flew in with the heli and stayed up there for two weeks touring in all time terrain that's surrounding the hut with a great crew and just the basic connection to the outside world
- 9. Destinazione dello sci dove non sei mai stato e dove vorresti
- Japan! Somehow a trip to that place never came together and every professional skier seemed to have been there. Sooner or later it will be time!
- 10. Ski Hero/
- Candide, in the past and present.
- 11. Cosa ti piace fare quando non stai sciando?
- I love to climb, bike and skate. And besides that I spend quite some time during summer tinkering on stuff in my workshop.
- 12. Come ti alleni per mantenere la miglior forma nello sci?
- Obviously the gym is one of the places to keep myself in shape but I mostly try to be outside and spend my time with climbing and biking without spending too much time indoors in the gym.
- 13. Di cosa non puoi far a meno
- 14. Quali sono le 3 cose che dobbiamo sapere di te?
- German speaking Italian, Candy is my doping, anti FIS.
- 15. Il tuo motto?
- 16. Quale è stato il momento più umiliante
- Again I'd say it was the second place at the Red Bull Linecatcher. Partecipating at this comp where I thought I'd never have a chance against the stacked field of role models.
- 17. Qual è il tuo canale social migliore
- 18. Obbiettivi futuri, piani e ambizioni
- I don't know where my carreer is taking me in the next years but I hope that I'll still have fun on my skis when I'm in my 60's.
- 19. Come sei stato coinvolto nello sci touring?
- I never had any interest in skitouring till probably 3 years ago when I got to test the BMT's. Then I went to my first touring trip to Canada and it totally got me by then.
- 20. Quali sono i tuoi skitours preferiti?
- I rather do shorter hikes where I'm able to concentrate at a line at the time. Like the tour to the Faden Alm, my dad's hut close to my home village. It's about an hour and a half to get to the hut that's surrounded by awesome minigolf lines.