Hi, I am Katrin, living in Kobenz (Styria), study sports science and enjoy competing in Skicross. I detected my passion for Skicross at the age of 15 and from this time on it was my big goal to become a professional athlete. A few years later I became part of the Austrian Skicross Team and now I can look back at 3 starts at Olympic Games and more than 100 starts in Worldcup. Skicross excites me because every race and every run is a new challenge. When I race against three other girls everything can happen and I always have to be ready, focus about my skiing, concentrate on the upcoming elements on the course and need a clear view what the other girls are doing. When I am in the lead I try to defend my position and ski a more direct line. When I am behind in contrast I try to overtake by using the draft and skiing a more round line that helps me gaining more speed. I enjoy the thrill of racing and sometimes the first training run on a big Skicross course costs me quite an effort. But after finishing the first run I just want to do another run, because it's so hilarious.
- Data di nascita
- Località sciistica di provenienza
- Improvement, commitment, progression, fun
- Skier Cross
- skiing, mountainbiking, being outside and active
9 podiums in Skicross Worldcup,
6th Olympic Games Sochi,
9th Olympic Games Pyeong Chang,
4th World Champs Deer Valley
- 1. Attacco Marker preferito.
- X-Cell 18.0
- 2. Perchè?
- good binding for gliding and making fast turns
- 3. Perchè vuoi diventare partner del team Marker?
- the bindings are fast and reliable
- 4. Per quanto tempo hai sciato con Marker?
- Since 2018/19
- 5. A che età hai iniziato a sciare?
- 2.5 years
- 6. Il momento più alto
- in progress
- 7. Quali sono i migliori posti dove sciare?
- 8. Qual'è il tuo miglior consigli nello sci?
- Skiing some powder runs with my teammates and a former coach on Krippenstein. At the end of the day we were too tired for some apres ski.
- 9. Destinazione dello sci dove non sei mai stato e dove vorresti
- Canada for heliskiing
- 10. Ski Hero/
- Hermann Maier
- 11. Cosa ti piace fare quando non stai sciando?
- train for skiing, enjoy being outside and active, trying to finish my master thesis, enjoying a lazy day on the couch or outside on a beautiful Austrian lake
- 12. Come ti alleni per mantenere la miglior forma nello sci?
- a mix of strength and endurance training, coordination and springiness before the season, I am an fan of doing different kind of sports in the preperation period because in Skicross I have to be flexible and need to be prepared for different situations
- 13. Di cosa non puoi far a meno
- good food and laughs
- 14. Quali sono le 3 cose che dobbiamo sapere di te?
- Skicross is a passion, I am working hard to improve myself and when I am hungry I get grumpy and urgently need to get some good food
- 15. Il tuo motto?
- improvement, commitment, progression, fun
- 16. Quale è stato il momento più umiliante
- my injury before the season 2018/19 that took longer to heal than expected
- 17. Qual è il tuo canale social migliore
- 18. Obbiettivi futuri, piani e ambizioni
- stay healthy and competitive, Worldcup victory, medal at Olympic Games and World Champs
- 19. Qual'è la tua miglior tappa del circuito di Coppa del Mondo?
- Sunny Valley (RUS)