It is the quintessential American success story. A boy from a small town sets out to conquer the world. The boy in this case is Nick Goepper and the small town goes by the name Lawrenceburg, Indiana. Although Nick grew up in a rather flat, Midwestern area, he started skiing by the age of five and was captivated. By the age of 15, he went to the West Coast to try his luck as a freeskier. Soon he proved to be one of the most talented freestylers of his generation and began to make his presence felt at slopestyle competitions across the US. In the 2011/12 season Nick bagged several podiums including a silver medal at X Games. The following year he stepped up his game to win X Games Gold and in 2014 he managed to repeat this feat. At the biggest event yet in the history of the sport, the Winter Olympics 2014, Nick delivered what might have been the most technical run in freeskiing yet, however it was only good enough for the Bronze medal. Nevertheless, he became a big media star as part of the US podium sweep in men’s slopestyle, only the third for the country at Winter Olympics in history.
- Fecha de nacimiento
- Lugar habitual de esquí
- Perfect North Slopes Indiana
- Do it
- Halfpipe and Slopestyle
- Surfing, Skateboarding, my truc
Olympic Silver Medal Slopestyle PyeongChang 2018
Winner Red Bull Playstreets Bad Gastein, Austria 2019
X Games Gold Medal 2015
Olympic Bronze medal Slopestyle Sochi 2014
- 1. Fijación Marker favorita
- Jester Pro
- 2. ¿Por qué?
- I hate when my skis pop off.
- 3. ¿Por qué te gustaría formar parte del equipo de Marker?
- Marker makes badass bindings!
- 4. ¿Hace cuanto tiempo que esquías con Marker?
- 8 years
- 5. ¿A qué edad empezaste a esquiar?
- 6. El mayor logro en tu carrera de esquí
- Winning the Dumont Cup in Sunday River Maine at age 17
- 7. Lugar favorito para esquiar
- Perfect North Slopes
- 8. Tu viaje de esquí favorito
- I love skiing LAAX any time I get to go there. Switzerland is rad.
- 9. ¿A donde te gustaría ir a esquiar y todavía no has estado?
- I would love to shred an indoor place sometime. I've never done that and it looks really fun.
- 10. Ídolo de esquí
- Wallisch, Brown, Dumont, Hall
- 11. ¿Qué haces cuando no estas esquiando?
- Surfing or Skating!
- 12. ¿Cómo entrenas para mantenerte en forma para esquiar?
- I like to crosstrain a lot with surf and skate, and sometimes I hit the gym in the fall before the snow starts to fall.
- 13. ¿Sin qué cosas no puedes vivir?
- I can't live without oxygen. That would suck
- 14. ¿Qué 3 cosas tenemos que saber sobre ti?
- Im very impatient, I am very protective of my younger sisters, and I love power metal.
- 15. ¿Cual el tu lema de vida?
- Do it
- 16. ¿Cuál ha sido tu momento más humillante?
- Having my family at the Olympics. That was amazing.
- 17. Red social favorita
- 18. Objetivos futuros, planes y ambiciones
- Olympics, X Games, Filming, maybe some backcountry jumps next year, we will see