My name is Lyman Currier, I'm a 22 year old freeskier from Boulder, CO. I was lucky enough to grow up in an extremely active city, so close to the mountains, which really solidified my love for the outdoors at a young age. My father, an Olympic skier himself, took me out on the slopes for my first time at the ripe age of 18 months. Little did we know he had sparked the addiction that lives inside all skiers and snowboarders alike, an addiction to deep pow, testing the limits of air and speed, and being outside with your friends on the coldest winter days. The freedom of being on the slopes is unmatched by anything and no matter what life has thrown your way, you can always find a clear mind at the top of the mountain. I am incredibly grateful to be able to call this amazing sport my profession and I can't wait for all the outdoor adventures to come!
- Fecha de nacimiento
- Lugar habitual de esquí
- Breckenridge, CO
- Pressure is privilage
- Skiing, Snowboarding, Hiking, Biking, anything outdoors
2016 Tignes World Cup Halfpipe Finals 2nd place
2014 US Olympic Team Sochi & PyeongChang 2018
- 1. Fijación Marker favorita
- The Jester Pros
- 2. ¿Por qué?
- The Jester Pros are my favorite bindings for many reasons. First they are almost a completely metal construction, which doesn't add a significant amount of weight, but does however, make them extremely durable. Another reason they are my favorite bindings
- 3. ¿Por qué te gustaría formar parte del equipo de Marker?
- I like being a part of the Marker team because their bindings are the only ones that give me confidence in skiing and landing switch.
- 4. ¿Hace cuanto tiempo que esquías con Marker?
- I have been riding for marker almost ten years now!
- 5. ¿A qué edad empezaste a esquiar?
- 18 months
- 6. El mayor logro en tu carrera de esquí
- Making the 2014 US Olympic team
- 7. Lugar favorito para esquiar
- Breck for the park Whistler for the shred
- 8. Tu viaje de esquí favorito
- Ten days of fresh powder with my best bud in the french alps!
- 9. ¿A donde te gustaría ir a esquiar y todavía no has estado?
- I have always wanted to go ski pow on the North Island of japan, everything I see/hear about that island makes it seem like a snowsports athletes dream!
- 10. Ídolo de esquí
- Simon Dumont, Tanner Hall and of coarse the legendary Shane McConkey, RIP.
- 11. ¿Qué haces cuando no estas esquiando?
- I enjoy mountain biking, Skateboarding, hiking, and playing some video games, but nothing compares to skiing!
- 12. ¿Cómo entrenas para mantenerte en forma para esquiar?
- Skiing is a huge workout in itself, but to stay strong and flexible, a gym routine has to be implemented. During the season its mostly maintaining strength with body weight exercises. While out of season I like to do more weight training, about 4 times a
- 13. ¿Sin qué cosas no puedes vivir?
- 14. ¿Qué 3 cosas tenemos que saber sobre ti?
- 1. I love motorsports (almost as much as snowsports)2. My favorite thing to do is backflips, you gotta try some! 3. Sushi is my favorite food.
- 15. ¿Cual el tu lema de vida?
- Pressure is privilage
- 16. ¿Cuál ha sido tu momento más humillante?
- Being Invited to ski in the biggest competition in our sport, the X games.
- 17. Red social favorita
- @Jerryoftheday for sure!
- 18. Objetivos futuros, planes y ambiciones
- Ski for as long as possible and have more fun today than yesterday.