Hi, I am Katrin, living in Kobenz (Styria), study sports science and enjoy competing in Skicross. I detected my passion for Skicross at the age of 15 and from this time on it was my big goal to become a professional athlete. A few years later I became part of the Austrian Skicross Team and now I can look back at 3 starts at Olympic Games and more than 100 starts in Worldcup. Skicross excites me because every race and every run is a new challenge. When I race against three other girls everything can happen and I always have to be ready, focus about my skiing, concentrate on the upcoming elements on the course and need a clear view what the other girls are doing. When I am in the lead I try to defend my position and ski a more direct line. When I am behind in contrast I try to overtake by using the draft and skiing a more round line that helps me gaining more speed. I enjoy the thrill of racing and sometimes the first training run on a big Skicross course costs me quite an effort. But after finishing the first run I just want to do another run, because it's so hilarious.
- Fecha de nacimiento
- Lugar habitual de esquí
- Improvement, commitment, progression, fun
- Skier Cross
- skiing, mountainbiking, being outside and active
>124 world cup starts
>2 times 1st at the EC Skicross in Lenk (SUI) 2019
> 5th place in the World Cup in Val Thorens (FRA) 2019
>7th place in the World Cup in Nakiska (CAN) 2020
9 podiums in Skicross Worldcup,
6th Olympic Games Sochi,
9th Olympic Games Pyeong Chang,
4th World Champs Deer Valley
- 1. Fijación Marker favorita
- X-Cell 18.0
- 2. ¿Por qué?
- good binding for gliding and making fast turns
- 3. ¿Por qué te gustaría formar parte del equipo de Marker?
- the bindings are fast and reliable
- 4. ¿Hace cuanto tiempo que esquías con Marker?
- Since 2018/19
- 5. ¿A qué edad empezaste a esquiar?
- 2.5 years
- 6. El mayor logro en tu carrera de esquí
- in progress
- 7. Lugar favorito para esquiar
- 8. Tu viaje de esquí favorito
- Skiing some powder runs with my teammates and a former coach on Krippenstein. At the end of the day we were too tired for some apres ski.
- 9. ¿A donde te gustaría ir a esquiar y todavía no has estado?
- Canada for heliskiing
- 10. Ídolo de esquí
- Hermann Maier
- 11. ¿Qué haces cuando no estas esquiando?
- train for skiing, enjoy being outside and active, trying to finish my master thesis, enjoying a lazy day on the couch or outside on a beautiful Austrian lake
- 12. ¿Cómo entrenas para mantenerte en forma para esquiar?
- a mix of strength and endurance training, coordination and springiness before the season, I am an fan of doing different kind of sports in the preperation period because in Skicross I have to be flexible and need to be prepared for different situations
- 13. ¿Sin qué cosas no puedes vivir?
- good food and laughs
- 14. ¿Qué 3 cosas tenemos que saber sobre ti?
- Skicross is a passion, I am working hard to improve myself and when I am hungry I get grumpy and urgently need to get some good food
- 15. ¿Cual el tu lema de vida?
- improvement, commitment, progression, fun
- 16. ¿Cuál ha sido tu momento más humillante?
- my injury before the season 2018/19 that took longer to heal than expected
- 17. Red social favorita
- 18. Objetivos futuros, planes y ambiciones
- stay healthy and competitive, Worldcup victory, medal at Olympic Games and World Champs
- 19. ¿Cuál es tu esquiador favorito del circuito de la Copa del Mundo?
- Sunny Valley (RUS)