Roman Rohrmoser was born and raised in Zillertal, Tirol. His dad put him on skis at the age of two. Until he was 15 years old, he was an alpine racer and won a lot of national and international races and competitions.
Then it was time for a change and he followed his passion. Skiing off-piste, skiing powder and jumping off cliffs. His parents weren´t that happy at first, but soon they changed their mind when they saw how talented Roman was and got his first sponsor deals under his belt. Roman skied on the Freeride Rookie Tour for the first 2 years, before the Freeride World Tour had been developed. When he felt he had enough of competitions, he decided to focus on photo and filmshoots and just freeskiing. Over the last few years, he can boast segments in dozens of ski films with nearly every major production company on the planet, like Warren Miller Entertainment USA, Nimbusindependent.com USA, Junkies on a budget, ...
- Date of birth
- Home mountain
- Freeride Big Mountain
- Surfing, Biking
- 1. Favorite Marker Binding
- King Pin 13
- 2. Why?
- light and fast
- 3. Why do you like being a part of the Marker team?
- because Marker has the best bindings on the market!
- 4. How long have you been riding for Marker?
- maybe 10 years +
- 5. What age did you start skiing?
- 6. Biggest breakthrough in your ski career
- shooting with Nimbus and Warren Miller
- 7. Favorite Place to ride
- 8. Your Best Ski Trip you have done
- too many; AK
- 9. Ski destination where you haven’t been and would like to go?
- Patagonia, Russia, Georgia
- 10. Ski Hero/Role Model Growing up
- Shane McConkey
- 11. What do you do when you are not skiing?
- biking, playing with my daughter
- 12. How do you train to keep in shape for skiing?
- doing a lot of sports
- 13. What can’t you live without
- family, friends, my toys, pow
- 14. Motto/Words you live by
- wird schu passn!