Growing up in Canmore has exposed me to mountain culture like no where else would. Taught as a ski racer and now stepping into alpine climbing in the summer, I hope to check some classic and not so classic lines off my list of objectives. Touring hotspot is along highway 93N. There are so many cool alpine features to ski and climb.. Although some of them are deceivingly far away the Alpinist will surely get me there faster and without any technical failures.
- Date of birth
- Home mountain
- Lake Louise
3rd place Slalom National JR championships.
- 1. Favorite Marker Binding
- The kingpin 13 but I think the alpinist will be My new favourite
- 2. Why?
- The king pin is an incredibly robust double use binding. I've seen carter macmillan win hardpack freeride comps on kinpins with ease. Obviously an awesome touring binding. Looking forward to the simplicity and reliability on the alpinist. Not only is it fast and light. It's alo dependable when you're way the heck out there.
- 3. Why do you like being a part of the Marker team?
- I think it's an awesome brand and the people that work behind the scenes are awesome to deal with
- 4. What age did you start skiing?
- 2 yrs
- 5. Biggest breakthrough in your ski career
- French fries
- 6. Favorite Place to ride
- Lake Louise or golden
- 7. Your Best Ski Trip you have done
- Japan?? Chile, Or preseason in Montana
- 8. Ski destination where you haven’t been and would like to go?
- 9. Ski Hero/Role Model Growing up
- Thomas Grandi and Shane McConkey
- 10. What do you do when you are not skiing?
- Race bikes, climb, run. I like to draw on rest days.
- 11. How do you train to keep in shape for skiing?
- Road bikes help build base miles. I also run and lift weights
- 12. What can’t you live without
- Probably skis or a bike (depending on the season)
- 13. What are 3 things we should know about you?
- I like to do a lot of things on my own. Love to cook. Not patient.
- 14. Motto/Words you live by
- Live fast Die young
- 15. Most Humbling moment
- Climbing a route called homage to the spider on Mt louis
- 16. Favorite Social Media Channel
- 17. Future Goals and Plans and Ambitions
- Always to love skiing and to one day own the family shop.
- 18. How did you become involved in Ski Touring?
- Local Guide Rob Owens welcomed me into touring and Climbing.
- 19. What are your all time Favourite Ski Tours?
- The great couloir in Bozeman Mt in October, And miners to S chute overlooking My hometown in Canmore, Ab.
- 20. What is in your pack when you go out ski touring?
- A heck ton of food, First aid kit, A down jacket and a bivy sac depending on the trip!