My name is Lyman Currier, I'm a 22 year old freeskier from Boulder, CO. I was lucky enough to grow up in an extremely active city, so close to the mountains, which really solidified my love for the outdoors at a young age. My father, an Olympic skier himself, took me out on the slopes for my first time at the ripe age of 18 months. Little did we know he had sparked the addiction that lives inside all skiers and snowboarders alike, an addiction to deep pow, testing the limits of air and speed, and being outside with your friends on the coldest winter days. The freedom of being on the slopes is unmatched by anything and no matter what life has thrown your way, you can always find a clear mind at the top of the mountain. I am incredibly grateful to be able to call this amazing sport my profession and I can't wait for all the outdoor adventures to come!
- Date of birth
- Home mountain
- Breckenridge, CO
- Pressure is privilage
- Skiing, Snowboarding, Hiking, Biking, anything outdoors
2016 Tignes World Cup Halfpipe Finals 2nd place
2014 US Olympic Team Sochi & PyeongChang 2018
- 1. Favorite Marker Binding
- The Jester Pros
- 2. Why?
- The Jester Pros are my favorite bindings for many reasons. First they are almost a completely metal construction, which doesn't add a significant amount of weight, but does however, make them extremely durable. Another reason they are my favorite bindings
- 3. Why do you like being a part of the Marker team?
- I like being a part of the Marker team because their bindings are the only ones that give me confidence in skiing and landing switch.
- 4. How long have you been riding for Marker?
- I have been riding for marker almost ten years now!
- 5. What age did you start skiing?
- 18 months
- 6. Biggest breakthrough in your ski career
- Making the 2014 US Olympic team
- 7. Favorite Place to ride
- Breck for the park Whistler for the shred
- 8. Your Best Ski Trip you have done
- Ten days of fresh powder with my best bud in the french alps!
- 9. Ski destination where you haven’t been and would like to go?
- I have always wanted to go ski pow on the North Island of japan, everything I see/hear about that island makes it seem like a snowsports athletes dream!
- 10. Ski Hero/Role Model Growing up
- Simon Dumont, Tanner Hall and of coarse the legendary Shane McConkey, RIP.
- 11. What do you do when you are not skiing?
- I enjoy mountain biking, Skateboarding, hiking, and playing some video games, but nothing compares to skiing!
- 12. How do you train to keep in shape for skiing?
- Skiing is a huge workout in itself, but to stay strong and flexible, a gym routine has to be implemented. During the season its mostly maintaining strength with body weight exercises. While out of season I like to do more weight training, about 4 times a
- 13. What can’t you live without
- 14. What are 3 things we should know about you?
- 1. I love motorsports (almost as much as snowsports)2. My favorite thing to do is backflips, you gotta try some! 3. Sushi is my favorite food.
- 15. Motto/Words you live by
- Pressure is privilage
- 16. Most Humbling moment
- Being Invited to ski in the biggest competition in our sport, the X games.
- 17. Favorite Social Media Channel
- @Jerryoftheday for sure!
- 18. Future Goals and Plans and Ambitions
- Ski for as long as possible and have more fun today than yesterday.