Hi, I am Katrin, living in Kobenz (Styria), study sports science and enjoy competing in Skicross. I detected my passion for Skicross at the age of 15 and from this time on it was my big goal to become a professional athlete. A few years later I became part of the Austrian Skicross Team and now I can look back at 3 starts at Olympic Games and more than 100 starts in Worldcup. Skicross excites me because every race and every run is a new challenge. When I race against three other girls everything can happen and I always have to be ready, focus about my skiing, concentrate on the upcoming elements on the course and need a clear view what the other girls are doing. When I am in the lead I try to defend my position and ski a more direct line. When I am behind in contrast I try to overtake by using the draft and skiing a more round line that helps me gaining more speed. I enjoy the thrill of racing and sometimes the first training run on a big Skicross course costs me quite an effort. But after finishing the first run I just want to do another run, because it's so hilarious.
- Date of birth
- Home mountain
- Improvement, commitment, progression, fun
- Skier Cross
- skiing, mountainbiking, being outside and active
9 podiums in Skicross Worldcup,
6th Olympic Games Sochi,
9th Olympic Games Pyeong Chang,
4th World Champs Deer Valley
- 1. Favorite Marker Binding
- X-Cell 18.0
- 2. Why?
- good binding for gliding and making fast turns
- 3. Why do you like being a part of the Marker team?
- the bindings are fast and reliable
- 4. How long have you been riding for Marker?
- Since 2018/19
- 5. What age did you start skiing?
- 2.5 years
- 6. Biggest breakthrough in your ski career
- in progress
- 7. Favorite Place to ride
- 8. Your Best Ski Trip you have done
- Skiing some powder runs with my teammates and a former coach on Krippenstein. At the end of the day we were too tired for some apres ski.
- 9. Ski destination where you haven’t been and would like to go?
- Canada for heliskiing
- 10. Ski Hero/Role Model Growing up
- Hermann Maier
- 11. What do you do when you are not skiing?
- train for skiing, enjoy being outside and active, trying to finish my master thesis, enjoying a lazy day on the couch or outside on a beautiful Austrian lake
- 12. How do you train to keep in shape for skiing?
- a mix of strength and endurance training, coordination and springiness before the season, I am an fan of doing different kind of sports in the preperation period because in Skicross I have to be flexible and need to be prepared for different situations
- 13. What can’t you live without
- good food and laughs
- 14. What are 3 things we should know about you?
- Skicross is a passion, I am working hard to improve myself and when I am hungry I get grumpy and urgently need to get some good food
- 15. Motto/Words you live by
- improvement, commitment, progression, fun
- 16. Most Humbling moment
- my injury before the season 2018/19 that took longer to heal than expected
- 17. Favorite Social Media Channel
- 18. Future Goals and Plans and Ambitions
- stay healthy and competitive, Worldcup victory, medal at Olympic Games and World Champs
- 19. Your Favourite World Cup Race on the circuit?
- Sunny Valley (RUS)