A Freeskier born and raised on the Coastal Mountains of BC. Originally honing his skills at his home mountains of Whistler and Blackcomb. As a kid and over time making his way across the globe and deep into the backcountry in search of new and exciting terrain allowing him to push the boundaries of backcountry, freestyle, freeride and big mountain all molded together into one package. Now at the age of 32 Kye has been skiing professionally for 20 years. He has skied numerous first descents on peaks from British Columbia to Alaska and has been on the forefront of progressing freeride skiing in film, photos and competitions well over a decade and going strong. Kye is most comfortable deep in the remote mountain ranges, far out in uninhabited river valleys or amongst the remote beaches of the coast of BC.
- Date of birth
- Home mountain
- Live everyday like it's your last with plans to live forever
- Backcountry Skier
- Skateboarding, climbing, surfing, fly fishing, biking, writing, powsurfing, snowboarding.
Release of `Numinous` Film of the Year, recent release of Sacred Grounds film series, "2017 Skier of the year Freeskier magazine, 1st 2009 redbull coldrush, 1st 2012 Freeride world tour Revelstoke stop, 1st 2016 redbull coldrush, 2nd Descent of the Gerbolet couloir, Waddington range BC.
- 1. Favorite Marker Binding
- Duke pt 16
- 2. Why?
- Versatile, strong, and responsive
- 3. Favorite Marker Goggle and Helmet
- Squadron plus and the squad.
- 4. Why?
- Fit and feel is on point!
- 5. Why do you like being a part of the Marker team?
- To ski the best bindings on earth and be apart of the best team developin g groundbreaking products
- 6. How long have you been riding for Marker?
- Since 2018 - 4th year! Loving it
- 7. What age did you start skiing?
- 10 yrs old
- 8. Biggest breakthrough in your ski career
- Winning breakthrough performance in the 2008 powder video awards
- 9. Favorite Place to ride
- The Tantalus range near Squamish BC and the central coast mountains near Bella Coola.
- 10. Your Best Ski Trip you have done
- My most recent trips to Chatter creek and Mica heli where we got perfect snow and terrain with some of my favourite skiers for a week straight at world class lodges.
- 11. Ski destination where you haven’t been and would like to go?
- Southwest Greenland, Tordrillos mtns, Homathko range BC.
- 12. Ski Hero/Role Model Growing up
- Too many to mention...my Dad.
- 13. What do you do when you are not skiing?
- Stay outdoors as much as possible whether in the ocean, mountains or rivers/lakes...all acrticvities that connect me to the natural environment.
- 14. How do you train to keep in shape for skiing?
- Typical pre season gym training and cross training from other sport hobbies.
- 15. What can’t you live without
- I can't live without mountains or ocean nearby...or my skateboard, haha
- 16. What are 3 things we should know about you?
- Passionate, dedicated, adventurous
- 17. Motto/Words you live by
- Live every day like it's your last but plan to live forever.
- 18. Most Humbling moment
- Every time i'm amongst the mountains,river or sea...they teach me and humble me more than anything else with the infinite power of mother nature.
- 19. Future Goals and Plans and Ambitions
- To continue bettering myself as a person, as a skier and as a friend...amongst this many more mountains and a lifetime of adventure.
- 20. How did you become involved in Ski Touring?
- Going with my mom as young kid and older mentor would take me.
- 21. What are your all time Favourite Ski Tours?
- The Spearhead
- 22. What is in your pack when you go out ski touring?
- Food, water, ten essentials, all backcountry safety gear, radio....
- 23. Your Favourite World Cup Race on the circuit?