I grew up as the son of a JHMR Ski Patrolman, seeing the inside workings of one of the most professional and versatile groups of "trollers" in America. I've lived all over Teton County Wyoming, first living Wilson Wy. where I went to Wilson Elementary School with the likes of Travis Rice, who was also the son of a Ski Patroller. Then moving to Alta, Wyoming where our K-6 Elementary School had 60 kids total with one of those kids being Sage Cattabirga Alosa. Watching all of these older kids grow and achieve was a huge inspiration for me. I spent time working on tricks and technique throughout high school and worked as a liftee out of high school at JHMR, wanting nothing more than to ski as much as possible until I shattered my femur when I was twenty. Having recovered from that injury over the course of the next few years I decided that I had been given a second chance and an opportunity to get back to striving for a professional skiing career. I signed up for the FWQ circuit at age 25 with top twenty results my first season. Feeling less than inspired after my first year, I continued to compete the next year and finished with top ten results all season long with a win at the finals at Big Sky. Winning by 11.67 points with fellow competitors being George Rodney, Kyle Taylor, Leo Slemmet, Ivan Malakov and other skiers that qualified for the FWT the next year was a turning point. I missed qualifying for the FWT by one spot. I never thought I would ever compete at that level following my femur injury and continued to compete the next year at the Freeskiing World Tour stop in Big Sky which I won again and became the current Freeskiing World Tour Champion. I have one sister who I live with here in Jackson who is also a pro skier and works in fashion.
- Date of birth
- Home mountain
- Jackson Hole Mountain Resort
- If you don’t go, you won't know.
- Big Mountain
- Biking, Hiking, Hunting, Spending time with friends.
Freesking World Tour Champion 2017
- 1. Favorite Marker Binding
- Jester Pro
- 2. Why?
- The most trustworthy. It releases when I need it to and not a second sooner or later.
- 3. Favorite Marker Goggle and Helmet
- 16:10 goggles, Phoenix Carbon helmet
- 4. Why?
- Sleek, light and safe Helmet. The Carbon really makes sense when it comes to taking impact. I wish more companies used it.
- 5. Why do you like being a part of the Marker team?
- Marker has long been a respected and company that knows how to make the best bindings on the market. If I wasn't of team Marker I would still use Marker bindings.
- 6. How long have you been riding for Marker?
- 3 years
- 7. What age did you start skiing?
- 2 years old
- 8. Biggest breakthrough in your ski career
- Winning the Freeride World Tour Qualifier stop in Big Sky 2014. That resulted in getting put on team Volkl.
- 9. Favorite Place to ride
- Anything off of Sublette Quad at Jackson Hole Mountain Resort
- 10. Your Best Ski Trip you have done
- Getting shown around by the locals at Revelstoke and Rogers Pass touring and resort skiing 2016/2017.
- 11. Ski Hero/Role Model Growing up
- Kent Kreitler
- 12. What do you do when you are not skiing?
- Spend time in the mountains, on foot and by bike. I also spend summers in Alaska Commercial fishing for Salmon.
- 13. How do you train to keep in shape for skiing?
- Sport Specific programming by Mountain Tactical Institute in Jackson is a huge part of my strength Training.
- 14. What can’t you live without
- Music. All Types.
- 15. Motto/Words you live by
- If you don’t go, you won't know.
- 16. Most Humbling moment
- FWQ at Revelstoke 2016/17. I saw some amazing skiing go down from the next generation of freeskiers. It was most humbling to be the oldest competitor there thinking I had an advantage since some of the kids there had never competed. Instead, all these kid
- 17. Favorite Social Media Channel
- 18. Future Goals and Plans and Ambitions
- Stay healthy, expand my mountain knowledge and spend more time mountaineering.
- 19. How did you become involved in Ski Touring?
- I went up the middle Teton a few years ago with a friend, got my butt kicked but really got hooked on alpine starts and sunrises seen from the side of a mountain after hours of hard work. It's very rewarding.
- 20. What are your all time Favourite Ski Tours?
- Buck Mountain in the Teton range. Mr. Shasta in Northern California and Ursys Minor in the Selkirk Range.
- 21. What is in your pack when you go out ski touring?
- Shovel, probe, first aid, multi-tool, ski straps, cornice saw, extra layers, water, stove, snacks, and more snacks.